Retail news

Your industry
Bizcommunity has over 400 industry contributors and we always welcome further contributions and contributors.

Retail news

Thebe Tourism Group signs shareholder agreement

6 Dec 2011 11:52
The South African tourism group, Thebe Tourism Group have announced the signing of a shareholders' agreement between its subsidiary FX Africa and global foreign exchange providers Travelex. FX Africa has operated a Travelex Retail Foreign Exchange Travelex franchise in Southern Africa for over four years.
The agreement sees Travelex acquiring 49% share capital of FX Africa Foreign Exchange and Thebe Tourism Group holding the remaining 51%. Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, FX Africa employs approximately 260 people and comprises a total of 62 retail outlets including 50 in South Africa, five in Botswana and seven in Zambia.

Commenting on the developments, recently appointed chief executive officer of FX Africa, Andre Bouwer said, "The team at FX Africa is indeed excited about the fact that the company finds itself in the best of both worlds brought together into this partnership, with one partner being a very well known and respected empowered South African organisation and the other being a global leader in retail foreign exchange. We will harness the capabilities that our two parent organisations offer and in doing so, set out to achieve our vision of becoming the market leader in the geographies where we operate."

Marilyn Lewis, interim CEO of Thebe Tourism Group stated: "FX Africa operates in a competitive business space, our partnership with a player of the size and calibre of Travelex presents FX Africa with exciting new business opportunities. We have every confidence that this partnership will expand our share of the South African consumer and corporate market and realise our vision of unlocking opportunities in sub-Saharan Africa."
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.