The 2019 Agritech Expo Zambia, which takes place in Chisamba from 11-13 April, has launched its free AgriTeach workshop programme, aimed at addressing current farming challenges and offer practical, smart and innovative solutions to ensure quality farming and maximum production, season after season.
This year the event at GART is expected to bring more than 20, 000 visitors from some 39 countries, over 220 local and international exhibitors, including country pavilions so far from Germany, China, Czech Republic, the European Union, Italy and the UK, with 3,500 VIP and large scale farmers and 150 members of the media.
Farmers will have the opportunity to attend multiple workshop sessions taking place across four different industry themes, allowing farmers a more focused and detailed knowledge building experience. The sessions will cover agricultural sectors such as crops, finance, irrigation, machinery, equipment and livestock.
There will also be an opportunity for farmers to obtain free, professional advice from experts in the new AgriConsult sessions at the event.
Some of the expert speakers at the AgriTeach workshops who will share their experience and latest technology include:Livestock, poultry and aquaculture
• Sikabalu Malawo, technical sales officer, Skretting Zambia.
• David Elias Daka, animal production consultant at Livestock Services Cooperative Society in Zambia. Finance
• Jonathan Chola, agro-lending coordinator at AB Bank.
• Leonard Mwanza, CEO of the Bankers' Association of Zambia (BAZ), an official industry event partner. Soil and irrigation
• Sebastian Scott, one of the founding members of the Grassroots Trust. Machinery and equipment
• Shannon Lee Ferry, assistant marketing manager and overseas coordinator of STI International in Thailand and manufacturers of Flying Star FUVs (Farm Utility Vehicles). View the full workshop programme here.
Connect with the AgriTech Expo